MELISSA SWEET BIO: Melissa Sweet has illustrated over 100 books as well as many toys, puzzles, and games for eeBoo. Her work has been in magazines, on greeting cards and as drawings on her living room walls. She has received numerous awards including two Caldecott honors: A RIVER OF WORDS: THE STORY OF WILLIAM CARLOS WILLIAMS and for THE RIGHT WORD: ROGET AND HIS THESAURUS, both by Jen Bryant.
Melissa has written four books: CARMINE: A LITTLE MORE RED, a New York Times Best Illustrated book; TUPELO RIDES THE RAILS; BALLOONS OVER BROADWAY: THE TRUE STORY OF THE PUPPETEER OF MACY’S PARADE, a Sibert Award winner for informational books, an NCTE Orbis Pictus winner for outstanding nonfiction, and the Cook Prize for STEM picture book. Her most recent book, SOME WRITER! THE STORY OF E. B. WHITE was a New York Times Best Seller and garnered an NCTE Orbis Pictus award and a Boston Globe–Horn Book honor for nonfiction.
LOCATION: Portland, Maine
PUBLISHERS: Candlewick Press; HarperCollins; Houghton Mifflin Harcourt; Simon and Schuster;
Penguin Random House
CLIENT LIST: eeBoo; Martha Stewart Living; New York Times; Travel and Leisure; Yankee Magazine
LATEST BOOK: HOW TO READ A BOOK by Kwame Alexander, Illustrated by Melissa Sweet,
Published by HarperCollins, 2019
· New York Times Best Seller, SOME WRITER! THE STORY OF E.B. WHITE
· New York Times Best Illustrated: 2005, CARMINE: A LITTLE MORE RED; 2008, A RIVER OF WORDS:
THE STORY OF WILLIAM CARLOS WILLIAMS
· Caldecott Honor Winner: 2009, A RIVER OF WORDS; 2015, THE RIGHT WORD both books written by Jen Bryant
· Carle Honors: 2019; Artist, for lifelong innovation in the field
KEY CONTACT INFORMATION:
· Events and School Visits: Contact, Kate Kubert Puls, email@example.com
· Contact Melissa Sweet at: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO READ A BOOK || HIGH RES BOOK COVER
SOME WRITER! || HIGH RES BOOK COVER
BALLOONS OVER BROADWAY || HIGH RES BOOK COVER
Maine Voices, SOME WRITER!
The Art of the Picture Book
Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast